Maria Martinico is the author of many epic meal plans that never came to fruition. A graduate of a middling state college with a completely obsolete degree, she enjoys using her job in marketing to observe the darkness of the human condition. She lives in the Rocky Mountains with her crested gecko and a number of carefully-tended grudges.
She has traveled 30 countries over five continents, gathering stories, seashells and an occasional fungus along the way. She has been brutally rejected multiple times for academic funding and wrote THE WANDERLUST DIARIES as a really emphatic middle finger to the institutions that wanted her to “tone it down”. Her debut novel is a love letter to the freedom and idiocy of being 23 years old with a blank passport. You can follow her @therealwanderlustdiaries if you enjoy adventure travel-related content that doesn’t suck.
Maria’s Top Cities in the World for Making Out:
- Florence, Italy
- Xian, China
- Caye Caulker, Belize
- Valparaiso, Chile
- New York, U.S.A.
Maria’s Top Books to Pack for an Adventure:
- State of Wonder, Ann Patchett
- The Women Who Run With Wolves, Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Any Bill Bryson
- The Wayfinders, Wade Davis
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson
Top Inappropriate Places Maria Has Vomited:
- All over an entire village’s shoes in Thailand
- In a vase at the home of Sun Yat-sen in China
- At a lovely spagittata beach party in Italy
- Work bathroom
- In a bush outside Jane Austin’s House Museum, England